Thursday, May 16, 2013

Story Pitch


I’ve got a lot of ideas bouncing around in my head and I don’t know which one to choose!
I’ve thought about picking four of the eight Frank Lloyd Wright homes in Kalamazoo County and writing about them, but I only know surface level things about Frank Lloyd Wright so I think that’s going to be the first idea to go...But then again, it would be cool to do some research about him and why he designed homes in Kalamazoo.
            Or, according to http://www.kalamazoomi.com/hisf.htm, “The Ladies Library Association building, built in 1879, was the first to house a women’s club in the nation. This was even prior to the time women could be property owners or vote.” I bet there’s so much history to uncover within that building, and so many incredible women that left legacies.
            Or, I could go back to my original profile pitch, and do a profile on 4th Coast, and why the owner wanted to open an overnight haven for the homeless population of Kalamazoo.
            Or, when I was at the gas station, a woman came up to me and gave me a flyer for a Christian Detailing shop that also sells women’s clothing, which just sounds bizarre to me.

Any thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment