Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Show And Tell

For my birthday last year, a friend of mine got me a book called Listening Is An Act of Love. The book is from a project called StoryCorps- "the largest oral history project in the nation". StoryCorps collects stories of everyday Americans from all over by using mobile recording booths. I absolutely loved the book (I definitely recommend it!) because there are so many lessons embedded in the stories of others that you just can't get from hard journalism or textbooks or theory. StoryCorps also has a website where you can listen to some featured stories....although the project isn't a product of journalism, I chose it as my show and tell because I'm very fond of the idea that everyone's story is important and worth listening to:



http://storycorps.org/topics/staff-picks/

(My favorite one is the fourth one down).

No comments:

Post a Comment